Deadline: 10 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Nutrition in Juba, South Sudan.
The Chief Nutrition will be accountable for the development, design, planning, implementation and management of the Nutrition project/programme within the country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Nutrition will perform the following functions-
- Monitor developments at the international, regional and provincial levels.
- Develop methodologies and new approaches for improving Nutrition programme effectiveness.
- Provide seasoned technical recommendations and advice on major programme directions and on introduction of new initiatives in the country.
- Conduct orientation and training programmes targeted to Government authorities.
- Provide authoritative advice/guidance/interpretation of programme policy and guidelines.
- Promote the quality of rights-based Nutrition projects and programmes through the formulation of project goals and strategies and approaches.
- Responsible for development of the sectoral work plan as well as implementation and monitoring of assigned project/sectoral activity, ensuring compliance with project strategies and approaches.
- Ensure project, sectoral or inter-sectoral efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation.
- Ensure the preparation of annual Nutrition sector status reports, ensuring that quantitative and qualitative lessons learned in achieving gender equality in Nutrition are included as a standard feature.
- Ensure exchange of information, experience, identify new strategies and courses of action to accelerate/improve delivery of services and achieve Nutrition programme requirements and objectives.
- Conduct field visits to monitor programmes and conduct periodic programme reviews with Government counterparts and other partners.
- Collaborate with Programme Communication Officer to ensure development of effective communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and social mobilization efforts.
- Coordinate with Regional Advisers and HQ Officers.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in the combination of the selective disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health & Nutrition, Health Sciences, International Health & Nutrition, Public Health & Nutrition Policy and Management, Family and Community Health & Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Health & Nutrition Education, Health & Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention, Public Health Preparedness, Health Emergency Preparedness, or other relevant discipline(s).
- University degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in the above fields of studies, combined with 2 additional years of relevant work experience, may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- 10 years of professional work experience.
- Developing country work experience and field work experience.
- Training in gender and nutrition programmes that promote gender equality an asset.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
- Knowledge of the working language of the duty station is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.