Deadline: 12 August 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Senior Officer in Juba, South Sudan.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Senior Officer will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Communication
- Review the requirement of the project Communication and Visibility Plan (CVP), implement and manage a communication and branding action plan for EU Projects to strengthen communication in support of the program strategic goals.
- Provide support to the EU projects to boost their visibility and awareness including identification of key stories, content, lessons learned, and achievements.
- Support the Project manager and the Deputy Project Manager in liaising with the donor, IP’s, other UN agencies and UNOPS communications teams on communications initiatives and messaging.
- Monitor views and perceptions of the various stakeholders and audiences of the project and make positioning recommendations based on the information gathered.
- Technical Communication
- Under the guidance of the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager; support the content development, editing, production and dissemination of communication and marketing materials for the project.
- In liaison with the team ensure that the quality of translation of CVP materials to local languages.
- Maintain and regularly visit and update the CIIS and Capacity4Dev websites and/or other information and communications platforms.
- Collaborate and coordinate with external vendors and consultants for visibility and protocol materials.
- Coordinate corporate social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Youtube, etc. and local social media campaigns for special events and topics.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Media Technology, Journalism, Graphic Design, Public Information, Political or Social Science, International Relations, Development Studies or other relevant discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Media Technology, Journalism, Graphic Design, Public Information, Political or Social Science, International Relations, Development Studies or other relevant discipline with a combination 2 additional year’s of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- 2 year’s work experience in a communications role is required.
- Skills in Adobe Creative Cloud and Editing, an asset.
- Experience with online communications and social media is an asset.
- Experience /knowledge of Google Suite is an asset.
- Work experience in developing / post-conflict countries is desirable.
- Work experience in the East Africa region is desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.