Deadline: 19 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Juba, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 6 Months.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing strategic communications and media initiatives and managing media/press coverage and oversees the production of a range of communications materials for the UN Women South Sudan Country.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manage UN Women South Sudan media/press relations.
- Oversee and maintain regional online outreach and produce information materials for public outreach.
- Provide advice and support to UN Women special events and campaigns.
- Media strategies conceived, planned and implemented in line with corporate guidelines to enhance the positioning of UN Women with the media, with a special focus on priority areas of concern.
- Opportunities for press conferences identified and press conferences organized; interviews with senior managers facilitated.
- Press releases and media kits drafted.
- Oversees and manages social media accounts in line with corporate social media policy or provides inputs to corporate social media accounts.
- Drafts brochures, fact sheets, stories from the field to inform media and general public;
- Special events or UN Women inputs to special events conceptualized and organized with a view to reaching wider audiences; to that end, concepts conceived and relevant materials developed and compiled.
- Regular consultation with RO & HQ Communications Sections to ensure consistency with corporate policies, messaging and initiatives.
- Regular liaison with Communications Officers from other UN entities at the country level to provide UN Women inputs to joint UN initiatives; to that end, represented UN Women on the UN Communications Group.
- Identifies and develops new communications partnerships and media alliances to enhance the visibility and cement UN Women as a thought-leader; manages and nurtures existing partnerships.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in communications, journalism, public relations, social sciences, international relations, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in communications at the national or international level, including experience in media relations.
- Experience in on-line outreach and multimedia an asset.
- Experience working in large development agency also pertinent.
- Good IT skills, including databases and office software packages.
- Familiarity with gender issues.
- Familiarity with UN Women and UN system is an asset.
- Experience working situations of conflict or post conflict is pertinent.
- Outstanding oral and written communications and editing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.