Deadline: 31 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Project Manager in Bor, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 8 months.
The Deputy Project Manager will be responsible in supporting the Project Manager in coordinating the project team and for ensuring that all project work is of a high quality and completed within the timeframe set by the donor.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Project Manage will perform the following functions-
- Provide support to the project team in ensuring the compliance with the project’s provisions and aspects of the other/residual agreements with UNOPS.
- Manage the public relations aspects of the project, e.g., project start-up and closure ceremonies.
- Assist with the production of budget estimates for project deliverables.
- Analyze requirements for clarity, completeness and consistency.
- Support the development of coherent work plans and budgets for all activities in the project.
- Assist with and participate in internal and external reviews.
- Provide quality assurance support.
- Support the maintenance of all works efforts, to ensure they are delivered on time, to cost and quality standards.
- Assist the Project Manager to plan, monitor and evaluate project procurement and contracting processes.
- Monitor all project activities in relation to the respective project work plans and take corrective action, when necessary, to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of project outputs.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Engineering with additional 2 years of relevant work experience in combination may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in combination with a Master’s Degree is required in the field of Business Administration, Project Management, Engineering.
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNOPS procedures an advantage.
- Experience in post conflict /a conflict situation is required and experience in South Sudan is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Japanese are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.