Deadline: 14 May 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Juba, South Sudan.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure administration and implementation of operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:-
- Full compliance with UN/UNOPS rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations, implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Implementation of cost sharing and trust fund agreements, elaboration of conditions of contributions within the office’s resource mobilization efforts.
- Implement key aspects of budget preparation and management towards achievement of the following:-
- Coordination of the preparation of the field operating budget, review of budget submissions, regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation, monitoring of expenditures against budget allotments and reporting on variances.
- Identification of administrative budgetary requirements, provision of guidance on guidelines for budget preparation.
- Cash management and treasury: Provides substantive review, contributions, and support towards achievement of the following:-
- Organization and oversight of cash management processes, including liquidity management, recommendation of imprest level, risk assessment, bank relationship management, timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, security for cash assets on site.
- Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements, identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Account and payments, ensures and is accountable for key elements of the following:-
- Analysis and elaboration of proposals for the internal expenditures’ control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in ERP payrolls are duly prepared, travel claims and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Quality control of the account by performing ongoing review, analysis and reconciliation of accounts. Investigation of discrepancies and initiation of timely corrective actions on un posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing:-
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on Finance related topics.
- Contribute to Financial management knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in financial management.
- Team Management:-
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration or related is required.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration or related will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant work experience in the field of financial management is required.
- Experience working with UNOPS or Other UN Agency or International Organization is an added advantage;
- Experience in accounting with responsibility for project accounting and preparation of financial statements in an international organization is an added advantage.
- Experience with Google sheets and documents is an added advantage.
- Experience in Donor Contract Management is an added advantage.
- Accounting & Finance – Budget preparation, Accounting & Finance – Financial Statements.
- Accounting & Finance – Knowledge of UN Financial Rules and Regulations – ( optional), Accounting & Finance – Financial Management ( 2 year’s).
- Accounting & Finance – Financial Reporting (2 years), Accounting & Finance -ERP Agresso/Finance (optional).
- Accounting & Finance – Cost Recovery (optional).
- Fluency in English language is required (read, write and speak).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.