Deadline: 14 June 2016
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health and Nutrition Technical Specialist in Juba, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Health and Nutrition Technical Specialist will be responsible for the strategic direction and coordination of Save the Children’s work on health and nutrition in the South Sudan Country Office including ensuring programming attracts significant donor funding and contributes to Save the Children’s strategic objectives, national/global learning and advocacy.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health and Nutrition Technical Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Responsible for leading and overseeing the development and delivery of high quality, innovative, cost effective programmes in Health and Nutrition both in emergency as well as long-term development, resulting in immediate and lasting change for children.
- Provide technical advice and support to project staff to ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved.
- Responsible for initiating and taking technical leadership in H&N focused studies, documentation and dissemination of innovation and good practices
- Lead on policy research and advocacy on H&N through networking and collaboration with relevant civil society organizations and other institutions.
- Play a lead role in establishing, maintaining and expanding donor relations for the sector.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in public health, health or equivalent and relevant field.
- 5 years of working experience at a senior Specialist and managerial level in Health and/or nutrition for international NGOs, government or the private sector preferably in South Sudan and Africa context.
- Recommended minimum 8 years of relevant technical experience including at senior level.
- Proven experience of developing and managing high quality, innovative and cost-effective technical H&N projects in fragile and insecure environments, preferably in the South Sudan context and with International NGOs
- Proven experience and skills in research and advocacy and influencing institutional, private and/or corporate donors and writing up high quality donor reports.
- Experience of working with local/national governments and capacity building of systems, partners and staff.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Knowledge of current global and regional public health debates especially with reference to “child and newborn health” and emergency obstetric care.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and covering letter as a single document, including their salary expectations in English through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.