Deadline: 29 April 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of NPP- Radio Programming Specialist in Juba, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The NPP- Radio Programming Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Liaise with local radio stations and partners to implement FAO radio programming campaigns.
- Monitoring local partner radio stations to ensure programmes are running according to the schedules.
- Training and assisting local journalists to implement FAO programming.
- Development of social media communication products i.e. tweets, web stories (in line with FAO’s storytelling guidelines, FAO style guide and relevant templates) and photo stories as specified under the communication plan for various donors.
- All communications activities will be in line with corporate policies and guidelines of FAO.
- Organise and facilitating monitoring and evaluation sessions with beneficiaries.
- Participate in radio distribution plans, including training facilitators and beneficiaries on how to operate the radios.
Applicant must have:
- Minimum Diploma in journalism, mass communication, public Relations, social science or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage or related field.
- 4 year’s proven knowledge and working experience in radio programming, particularly related to agriculture, fisheries, livestock and/or general food and nutrition security.
- Experience in radio production, including programme planning, finding guests, booking interviews, and writing scripts.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in radio programming.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to work with rural communities and community mobilization.
- Proficiency in using audio editing software, such as Adobe Audition, DaletPlus, CoolEdit or Hindenburg.
- Demonstrate leadership, managerial, supervisory coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in production in other mediums (television/video, photography) will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Nationality of South Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.