Deadline: 30 May 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Project Manager in Malakal, South Sudan.
The Nutrition Project Manager will be responsible for day to day implementation of project activities to achieve results-based outputs and outcomes, management of project budget to ensure timely expenditure compliant with donor regulations, oversight of the project team.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Project Management:
- Direct oversight and day to day management of the project, ensuring achievement of project outcomes and outputs as related to improved nutrition and health service delivery.
- Establish and maintain effective project management tools for implementation, work plan management, procurement, budget management and spending planning, quality assurance monitoring, beneficiary accountability, and programmatic and financial reporting.
- Procurement of project material and supplies according to work plans and budget, including development and implementation of procurement and distribution plans.
- Technical Support and Reporting:
- Oversight of integrated nutrition objectives – Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) and Integrated Young Child Feeding (IYCF) nutrition, in coordination with Nutrition Technical Advisor.
- Oversight of CMAM Database and HMIS / health facility reporting.
- Prepare and share monthly management report on project progress.
- Representation, Coordination & Engagement with Key Stakeholders:
- Backstop representation role at Nutrition Cluster, and representation at other UN OCHA / Cluster coordination working groups or forums relevant to Health and Nutrition.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant government and local authorities in line Ministries for health and nutrition service delivery.
- Maintain good donor relationships, particularly with donors funding the health and nutrition portfolio.
Applicants must have-
- BSc Hon Nutrition, Public Health, Nursing.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in public health sector.
- Experience in complex emergencies considered a strong asset.
- Fluency in English (written and oral).
- Certificate for HEAT or other equal security training.
- Master in Health science, in Public/Community Health or related field strongly preferred.
- Technical skills, including familiarity with WV project models in health and nutrition and experience in building staff capacity in and monitoring the implementation of those models.
- Capacity and interest to travel to the field and projects sites on a regular basis.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft products or equivalent.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.