Deadline: 27 June 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Juba, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide administrative support to the Deputy Country Representative and Programme Team.
- Manage the automated (shared drive) and manual filing system for the Programme Team.
- Provide support to evaluations and audits.
- Develop, maintain and update a database of partners (Government, Donors, NGOs) including telephone numbers, email addresses and physical addressed for ease of reference.
- Track key deadlines for submission of documents and keep the Deputy Country Representative updated about same including planned meetings.
- Track concept notes and field monitoring reports prepared by the Programme team.
- Provide support to field missions undertaken by members of the Programme Team and partners to include following up on Security Clearances and post mission reports.
- Provide support to the Programme Team including participation and assistance to preparation and conducting of Programme meetings, annual reviews and other relevant Programme events.
- Prepare minutes of meetings, briefing materials as necessary for Programme staff to use on official trips, monitoring visits and in meetings, etc.
- Draft correspondence, take dictation and instruction on a variety of Programme related subject matters.
- Participate in Programme monitoring visits.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary Education with very strong knowledge and experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS World, Excel, and Access.) is the minimal requirement.
- University level qualification or training in the relevant of field of work will be an added advantage.
- 5 years of relevant experience with International organizations and the Knowledge of UN system and/or international organization procedures will be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in designing, managing and implementing Programmes/projects in conflict and/ post-conflict environment.
- Professional experience in addressing gender equality issues and women’s empowerment.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong drafting ability in English.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and knowledge of local language (Arabic at the duty station).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.