Deadline: 27 May 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Malakal, South Sudan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to formulation of WFP-wide programme policies in line with both organizational strategy and the practical realities of operating in the field.
- Develop programme guidance and implementation modalities, to ensure a clear and strong connection between field operations in Malakal, Cooperating Partners and CO.
- Assist counterparts in Government’s institutions and other stakeholders in Malakal identifying where food assistance can be usefully employed and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of food assistance programmes to strengthen local authority and community ownership and effectiveness of food security and nutrition programmes at Malakal level.
- Manage the preparation and analysis of food monthly distribution reports and share with CO Partnership Unit timely.
- Coordinate with the CO technical units to monitor humanitarian crises in operational areas under Malakal FO and develop appropriate and flexible response plans to the evolving needs.
- Liaise with the CO Units to get support on technical issues to be addressed by Aviation Unit, Logistics Unit, Access Unit and Security Unit for timely delivery of humanitarian assistance in deep field locations under Malakal FO.
- Represent WFP at relevant operational coordination forums, ensuring that the operational challenges and priorities for WFP’s deep field emergency response are highlighted and developed, as required, within inter-agency strategies and in coordination with other humanitarian actors under the guidance of the Head of Malakal FO.
- Support strategic planning and capacity building for emergency preparedness and response amongst relevant WFP units as well implementing partner organizations.
- Work flexibly with the FO Team, supporting other tasks in consultation with the direct supervisor at the Malakal FO.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Substantial experience in complex field operations, preferably in a hardship duty station or emergency situations.
- Minimum of 5 year’s working experience.
- Experience leading a large, multi-discipline team to ensure the effective delivery of objectives.
- Knowledge in emergency response mechanisms and programming modalities such as conditional and general food distributions.
- Ability to analyse complex political situations and social contexts.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and SSD Arabic.
- Nationality of South Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.