Deadline: 7 March 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Urban WASH Specialist in Juba, South Sudan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Urban WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Programme/project Planning, Development and Management.
- Enhance effective programme, sectoral or inter-sectoral, planning, development and management by leading and guiding the Urban WASH pillar, addressing gender inequalities and determinants of inequalities through accurate and complete monitoring and analysis, and the timely preparation or finalization of sectoral input.
- Knowledge Management.
- Promote knowledge management by exchange of knowledge, information, situation analysis, experience or lessons learned, promote knowledge sharing and technical input or recommendations on major programme directions and on introduction of new initiatives in the country.
- Rights-Based Programme with Results-Based Approach
- Promote the quality of rights-based WASH programme and programmes through participation in the formulation of programme/project goals, strategies and approaches.
- Sectoral Work Plan Development, Implementation, and Monitoring
- Take primary responsibility for the development of the sectoral work plan and technical decisions for the Urban Pillar as well as for project management, implementation and monitoring of assigned project/sectoral activity, in compliance with the defined project strategies and approaches, with an emphasis on promoting approaches to reducing gender inequalities and gender-based violence and achieving gender mainstreaming.
- Programme Management, Delivery, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation. Participation in major evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sector review meetings with government counterparts.
- Promotion of UNICEF’s Global Goals
- Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through advocacy and policy dialogue through active engagement with relevant national ministries in communication, networking and participation at every opportunity inside and outside UNICEF, leveraging the strength of UNICEF mission, goals and programmes, and with reference to the WASH Strategy and a particular focus on urban water sector policies.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas Public Health, Civil Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, Urban Planning or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
- 8 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience in urban WASH programming in the UN or other international development organization, national government or the private sector.
- Field work experience specific to urban water and sanitation service provision.
- Experience working with urban water utilities considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.