Deadline: 14 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Director, Information and Communication Technology in Valencia, Spain.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Director, Information and Communication Technology will perform the following functions:
Leadership and coordination of IT business applications development
- Provide leadership and technical direction for establishing and positioning fitting system development life cycles management policies, procedures for following technical standards, and the identification and selection of supporting tools.
- Set the frameworks for the development methodology based on industry best practices, allowing both agile/dynamic settings, and situations that mandate rigid quality management approaches.
- IT applications strategy formulation and implementation for results
- Shape thinking on how technology solutions can support UNICEF strategic goals and identify cutting edge technologies that will support and improve programme implementation monitoring and solutions, as well as operations efficiency.
- Work with organizational business groups to define strategy for organizational Business Intelligence, Workforce Automation, Customer Relationship Management, and Digital & Mobile technologies, and the provision of relevant solutions.
- Technology solutions for programme support
- Plan and lead teams for solution delivery and support through the Solutions Life Cycle, in close collaboration with functional business groups across Headquarters, Regional Offices and Field Offices.
- Ensure that teams have appropriate products and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver projects on an aggressive, but achievable timelines.
- Management, oversight and support
- Build and maintain vendor partnerships. Lead the negotiation for applications support contracts identify efficient and effective software solutions for new applications.
- Interact with vendors and vendor technical support for systems maintenance and enhancement.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Business Administration or other relevant field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 17 year’s relevant experience in managerial roles can be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 15 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience in an international development context as elaborated below.
- Senior level hands-on experience with program/project management and ICT-enabled solutions.
- Extensive experience with solution architecture, business process analysis and design, and planning associated with strategy and program execution.
- Extensive experience with Web/mobile solutions, data management and business intelligence solutions; work force automation and customer relationship management solutions.
- Experience in managing major custom or packaged implementation projects with experience in delivering to a large or geographically dispersed user base, Internet Solution experience preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an important asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.