Deadline: 5 July 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advanced Energy (AE) Technology Specialist in Sri Lanka.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Advanced Energy (AE) Technology Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Advise and works closely with chief of party, deputy chief of party/AE project finance and PSE lead in support of Objective 4 goals to assist Sri Lankan government, CSOs, and private sector in deploying advanced energy technologies and Technical areas of responsibility include:
- Distribute RE (including rooftop solar), off-grid solar.
- High-efficiency power generation technologies and improved management of distributed generation (e.g., supervisory control and data acquisition).
mart metering and smart inverters for rooftop solar.
- Battery, utility and other energy storage options.
- Report to deputy chief of party/AE project finance PSE lead.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in energy or environmental policy, engineering, business or public administration, economics, finance, or similar technical field advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience and understanding in one or more of the following areas distributed RE (including rooftop solar) off-grid solar high-efficiency power generation technologies improved management of distributed generation (e.g., supervisory control and data acquisition) smart metering and smart inverters for rooftop solar battery storage EVs.
- Experience working on USAID or other large donor-funded energy programs is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to convey results to non-technical stakeholders and strengthen results to improve programing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in Sinhalese and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.