Deadline: 14 September 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Project Officer in Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Associate Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Assist and, when required, leads the development, processing, administration and implementation of loan and TA projects in the rural development.
- Assist and coordinates provision of rural development related inputs to ADB’s Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) and Indicative Country Pipeline and Monitoring (ICPM) Report.
- Assist policy dialogue with the government to advance policy and institutional reforms under ADB’s assistance for rural development in Sri Lanka.
- Assist the adoption of international best practices in rural development in Sri Lanka and initiate technical assistance and knowledge work as necessary in consultation with ADB HQ-based staff and other national organizations and development partners.
- Facilitate the dialogue with private sector on potential business opportunities and liaises with relevant departments/offices of ADB for the preparation and implementation of non-sovereign and/or public-private partnership transactions.
- Liaise with and coordinates with relevant government departments.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related field, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 year’s relevant professional experience, with hands-on experience in preparation and administration of rural development projects, preferably in planning and implementation of water resources projects, irrigation and drainage, flood risk management, and/or agriculture.
- Experience in procurement and administration of large works and/or goods contracts and consulting services will be considered an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with government officials, staff and management of executing agencies, representatives of civil societies, private sector, development partners, and other agencies engaged in the rural development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.