Deadline: 31 May 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economist will perform the following functions-
- Advice the UNDP country office management and programme team to strengthen programme development and implementation.
- Provision of technical advice to national government counterparts and other partners, especially in support of the 2030 Agenda and the introduction of sustainable and inclusive economic policies.
- Representation, advocacy, and partner engagement to support UNDP’s institutional positioning and advance its mandate, when directed by the Resident Representative.
- Contribute to UNDP’s work across the Asia-Pacific region, including collaboration with the regional economist network and analysis of priority regional thematic areas.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Economics or related fields is required.
- Ph.D. in Economics will be an advantage.
- Minimum 7 year’s experience at the national or international level in relevant areas of economic research and policy and implementation support.
- Extensive experience in research and policy-level analysis.
- Proven policy, advisory and advocacy experience.
- Experience in preparing high quality policy briefs and guidance notes for use by senior policy makers.
- Experience of strategic visioning with strong technical and highly developed analytical capabilities.
- Knowledge of the SDGs and their application at the national level, politically astute with demonstrated experience in stakeholder analysis and engagement.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems and advanced programmes for statistical analysis of data and
- Previous work experience in Asia and the Pacific region would be an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English and either Sinhala and/or Tamil are essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.