Deadline: 12 July 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender Advisor in Sri Lanka.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Gender Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Prepare gender strategy and gender integration plan to address gender gaps and helps team and counterparts mitigate differential impacts on men and women.
- Work with chief of party and objective leads to increase participation and representation of women in energy sector’s workforce, decision making and leadership.
- Provide technical assistance to gender mainstreaming efforts.
- Support development and implementation of gender-sensitive training and public information awareness campaigns.
- Report to communications director.
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in social science, anthropology, communication, or similar field related to gender and disadvantaged populations.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience working on issues related to gender and vulnerable populations, community rights, human rights, and relevant international and Sri Lankan legal and policy frameworks and standards.
- Experience working with USAID or other large multi- or bilateral donor is preferred.
- Ability to work with CSOs, NGOs, community-based groups, policymakers, government actors, media, private sector, international donors, and government actors at all levels.
- General knowledge of mainstreaming gender topics, including development of gender sensitive indicators, gender-based analysis, and construction of clear gender targets.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Fluency in Sinhalese and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.