Deadline: 30 November 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator, Safety & Health for All in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The National Project Coordinator, Safety & Health for All will perform the following functions:
- Work in close collaboration with project partners in Sri Lanka to design and revise project annual work plans.
- Maintain the country project work plan updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes.
- Responsible for collection of data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas. Check data quality with partners.
- Ensure the effective management of the budget assigned to project activities in Sri Lanka.
- Support the selection and hiring of external collaborators for project activities in Sri Lanka, as well as in the review of the products as required.
- Prepare briefs, provide inputs to project technical reports and updates regarding activities implemented in Sri Lanka, as scheduled and upon request. Provide inputs to the project mid-term and final evaluations.
- Support the development of innovative tools and approaches; as well as supporting research activities to collect data and analyse good practices in the various technical areas covered by the project.
- Plan, organize and conduct seminars, workshops, training and meetings.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social sciences, law, health sciences, agricultural studies, public administration or other relevant fields.
- 2 year’s demonstrated experience in the management of development cooperation projects, preferably with an international agency, with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of project cycle.
- Relevant technical areas include decent work, occupational safety and health, labour law compliance, social dialogue and tripartism, and public-private partnerships.
- Excellent command of English and at least one national language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.