Deadline: 17 December 2020
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is to contribute to the achievement of security and justice for all by making the world safer from crime, drugs and terrorism.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide reliable administrative coordination and support of programme/project planning and preparation activities and general office support services and prepares reports.
- Process work and requisite follow-up accomplished under some supervision, seeks advice from and/or reporting to supervisor as needed.
- Provide support in procurement processes including vendor and hotel relation management.
- Consistently applies appropriate policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Effectively and in a timely manner, liaises and interacts with colleagues and concerned parties internally and externally.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary Education (G.C.E. Advance Level) or equivalent is required.
- Completion of supplemental courses/training in business administration, international relations, accounting and finance, project management or other relevant fields is an advantage.
- 5 year’s of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area is required.
- Experience in and knowledge of SAP is required.
- Experience in grants, supplier relationship, or fund- management modules in Umoja is highly desirable.
- Experience in running and completing procurement is desirable.
- Experience in working on technical cooperation projects is desirable.
- Exposure to international maritime affairs, international security policy, criminal justice and/or law enforcement issues is desirable.
- Working knowledge of English, as well as Sinhala and/or Tamil.
- Nationality of Sri Lanka.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNODC.