Deadline: 19 April 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Private Sector Development Specialist in Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Private Sector Development Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Business Development
- Monitor the development needs for Sri Lanka’s private sector and opportunities for public-private partnership and identifies opportunities for ADB’s sovereign, non-sovereign, and transaction advisory service assistances.
- Assist in identification of suitable activities for capacity building and enabling environment through upstream policy/regulatory/institutional reform that ultimately support or lead to enhance private sector intervention and/or PPP activities.
- Investment and Operation
- Lead the preliminary evaluation of investment opportunities, and the assessment of investment risks, including analyzing financial data and performing business and investment valuation.
- Conduct policy dialogue with governments, development partners, the private sector, and other stakeholders to identify and address challenges to scaling up private sector development and PPPs in Sri Lanka.
- External Relations and Coordination
- Establish and manages effective relationship with relevant government agencies, development partners, civil society, and other key stakeholders in Sri Lanka’s public sector.
- Network and interacts with entrepreneurs, investors, corporates and other key stakeholders in Sri Lanka’s private sector, and builds relationships with major commercial lenders, institutional investors, insurers and the commercial arms of multilateral and bilateral agencies.
- Strategy and Planning
- Contribute to the development of strategies and policies for ADB’s developmental goals for the private sector in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate work with other departments on strategy and policy related matters.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in business, finance, accounting, marketing or other related areas and engineering or other related specialized fields.
- At least 10 year’s relevant experience in project and/or corporate finance, and sovereign and/or non-sovereign portfolio management.
- Experience in building and managing new teams, including setting-up and capacity development processes.
- Diversify international experience working in the development sector/institutions (e.g., development finance institutions, development agencies, and/or commercial banks etc.) in several countries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and strong interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.