Deadline: 26 July 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme and Operations Officer in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme and Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead the effective implementation and technical oversight of all project components including, where relevant, enterprise level engagement, stakeholder engagement and policy influencing work.
- Ensure a high degree of programme transparency, accountability and credibility, both internally and externally, in accordance with ILO’s policies, procedures and values.
- Support the ILO Country Office for Sri Lanka and the Maldives in meeting expectations of national and global stakeholders within the overall context of the UN Sustainable Development Framework for Sri Lanka and the priorities defined in the Sri Lanka Decent Work Country Programme, but with a particular focus on improving working conditions and workers’ rights in the garment industry in Sri Lanka.
- Oversee capacity-building efforts of national partners to ensure compliance with international labour standards and national laws.
- Effectively manage the project team including national staff and consultants as appropriate, mainstreaming gender equality and the principles of equal opportunity, staff development and performance management.
- Accordance with donor agreements, take responsibility for budget management, in collaboration with the ILO Country Office and in compliance with the ILO financial rules and regulations.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university Degree with demonstrated experience in international development, social sciences or other relevant field.
- At least 7 year’s professional experience in the areas of social dialogue, working with the private sector in developing countries, capacity building, corporate social responsibility (particularly in the field of labour standards compliance), programme management or related fields in a senior level position, at least 3 year’s which has been at the international level.
- Experience of working with business is essential and experience of working with the garment sector is highly desirable.
- Relevant experience working in South Asia, specifically Sri Lanka, would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English.
- Knowledge of another ILO official language or other local languages will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.