Deadline: 21 May 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Associate in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Business Support Associate will coordinate and control a full range of business support services for the office of the Country Director to ensure that services are delivered effectively.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Business Support Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide dedicated executive assistant support.
- Prepare and/or consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, etc. and conduct research in the area of work.
- Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures.
- Respond to complex business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries for clients.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organized, and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
- Assist managers in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget(s) to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively.
- Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services.
- Provide a full range of complex business support services to staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff in the provision of business support services, in order to support their learning in providing business support.
- Coordinate tasks of junior colleagues to ensure support services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- 6 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Specialized knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used in area of work, gained through technical training and work experience.
- Good communication skills in order to provide specialized business support services to a wide range of individuals.
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and self and training and supporting.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Nationality of Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.