Deadline: 7 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Officer in Gedaref, Sudan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Officer will perform the following functions:
- Communicate with and mobilize affected populations in relation to the refugee crisis using both interpersonal and mass media channels of communication.
- Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of behavior change activities.
- Design evidence-based activities to meet the affected population’s needs.
- Coordinate the production of the materials and draft the dissemination plan.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree or equivalent experience in Communication, Environmental Public Health, or social and behavioral sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education) Communication with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behavior development, social mobilization and community development, participatory communication, and research).
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset
- Fluency in English and Arabic language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.