Deadline: 12 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer in Sudan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop communications products (e.g. website and social media content, feature articles, and print and audiovisual products) to promote UNICEF’s work, convey important advocacy public messaging, support resource mobilization efforts, as well as meet the information needs of donors and other stakeholders.
- Draft and edit written materials, including feature stories, news stories, fact sheets and Q&As, ensuring accuracy, consistency, coherence, and adherence to UNICEF House Style.
- Support UNICEF country and regional offices, and relevant departments, in proactively communicating through developing strategies and content.
- Promote UNICEF’s work through UNICEF digital platforms, media queries/pitches, and spokesperson interviews/briefings.
- Partner with colleagues across the Communication team to ensure alignment, timeliness, quality and innovative approaches to communications products.
- Participate in or organizes public events.
- Working closely with ICTD, RO and HQ digital team on support and maintenance of digital analytics tools.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field plus at least 2 year’s demonstrated professional experience in the above outlined or related fields including working with the United Nations.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in digital communications / media or relevant field related to external digital media.
- Significant experience in developing and implementing communications content and strategies.
- Experience producing content for the online, including photos, videos, and social media.
- Fluency in English and Arabic – both written and oral.
- Nationality of Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.