Deadline: 18 August 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Coordinator in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Identify implementation opportunities for cash-based and market-based interventions.
- Support staff to implement quality and timely programmes.
- Contribute to creating an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, working with support teams in the institutionalisation of cash.
- Responsible for the implementation of strategic plans and the management of day-to-day project activities including staff, budget and assets in area of responsibility (AOR).
- Provide technical and logistics/operational support and oversight to project staff on youth programming and EiE programming, including budget management.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate education activities in area of responsibility; ensure SOPs are in place and logistical and operational needs are met.
- Provide leadership and support on the design and rollout of NRC’s programming.
- Coordinate delegated portfolio of activities in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, ensuring high technical quality.
- Promote the rights of refugees, IDPs, returnees and the host community in line with SPHERE and the INEE Minimum Standards.
- Contribute to the development of project proposals, logframes, workplans and budgets.
- Contribute to Education strategy development, as well as advocacy and emergency strategies and action plans; provide input on needs/gaps.
Applicants must have:
- Experience working in an Education project implementation position in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal required.
- Experience with youth/adolescent programming and linkages to livelihoods an asset.
- Experience with EiE and formal education in a humanitarian context preferred.
- Experience working with children and/or educators required.
- Experience liaising with multiple stakeholders including government, donor, UN and NGO partners a priority.
- Experience with strategic development, including proposal and budget creation preferred.
- Experience with project/programme start-up/scale-up an asset.
- Experience managing an office and/or field team is required.
- University and/or advanced degree preferred, significant experience in the field of Education, PSS or Child Protection considered in lieu.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.