Deadline: 7 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Specialist in Khartoum, Sudan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Emergency Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Emergency Preparedness
- Ensure that adequate emergency preparedness measures are taken through the development and updating of country contingency plans and establishment of early warning mechanisms, which leads to more effective preparedness and response to specific emergencies.
- Participate in the formulation and development of plans of action in preparation and response to emergencies, and monitors compliance of all sectors with emergency plans of action, including financial resources.
- Emergency Response
- Event of an emergency, takes prompt action as Team Leader or member of the Emergency Response Team which is deployed immediately to establish UNICEF’s presence and implement the initial operational tasks relating to emergency assistance.
- Ensure that the office is provided with effective telecommunications facility and security assistance for the staff in an emergency, as necessary.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields social sciences, public administration, law, public health, nutrition, international relations, business administration or other related disciplines.
- Preferably a combination of management, administration, and relevant technical fields.
- 8 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and administration.
- Developing country work experience (for IP) and specialized training/experience in emergency response management highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.