Deadline: 16 September 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The External Relations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Initiate various donor reports and support the development of a resource mobilization plan for the incident management system based on existing and potential donors and fundraising mechanisms.
- Close coordination with Project Management and Planning Officers, manage the overall and day-to-day donor reporting activities related to mobilization of resources, monitoring and tracking funding needs and gaps in order to report on a wide range of country office operations.
- Engage with the main humanitarian donors to the country (in consultation with HQ and Regional Office Resource Mobilization teams).
- Participate in donor coordination meetings contribute in negotiations for rapid donor agreements.
- Establish and manage a network of donor contacts, track proposals submitted, funds pledged/received and donor agreement implementation requirements (implementation deadlines, earmarking for specific activities, visibility requests, reporting, etc.).
- Report on expected results and donor activities in compliance with related documents to be disseminated among donors, and draft specific reports to donors as stated in legal agreements.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Business, Management, Public Administration, Communications.
- Specification or certification in resource mobilization, studies on development and/or humanitarian work.
- Training in donor intelligence, proposal writing, and general project management.
- At least 5 year’s related experience, at the national and international level, in donor relations and resource mobilization.
- Experience supporting humanitarian emergency or health outbreak response and recovery activities.
- Prior working experience with WHO/UN or with an international Non-Governmental Organization.
- Demonstrate skills in resource mobilization and donor reporting activities.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.