Deadline: 16 September 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Khartoum, Sudan.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
- Analyse and report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Monitor and analyse budgets for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, or First University Degree in the same subject(s) with additional year’s related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 year’s relevant professional experience in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields is required for holders of an advanced University Degree, or 5 year’s relevant professional experience in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields is required for holders of a first University Degree.
- Additional year’s experience and training will be an advantage.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic (Written and Oral).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.