Deadline: 1 August 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Information Management Officer in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Information Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the collection, analyses, production and dissemination of data/information.
- Aggregate and maintain inter-country information from WHO and partners including contact lists, performance monitoring, health indicator data, health situation data, health response data. Participate in the basic geographic analysis for maps and other reports (such as dashboards, SitReps, etc).
- Upon delegation provide information sharing between institutions, to strengthen access to information from other organizations and clusters, and to contribute to inter-sectoral dashboards and reports.
- Participate in field epidemiological surveys if/where needed, such as mortality and vaccination coverage surveys.
- Provide information management input into the planning and data/information management process on data gathering and analysis, quality assurance, performance monitoring, information dissemination and management.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in information or data management, computer sciences, statistics, applied math, public health, or a related field.
- Specialization in information management systems.
- Specific training in humanitarian response or emergency information management.
- At least 2 year’s related experience in information management, monitoring, and data analysis.
- Relevant work experience in WHO, other UN agencies experience working in relevant non-governmental or humanitarian organizations.
- Experience in developing countries.
- Sound skills in the area of information management, data analysis, and statistics.
- Demonstrate ability to design, manage and analyze complex information system projects, computer-based applications and databases, web-based tools.
- Expert knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.