Deadline: 8 October 2020
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator in Khartoum, Sudan.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Ensure effective coordination of planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, in conformity with ILO policies, programming guidelines, country/action programs, and administrative and financial procedures.
- Ensure effective implementation of the project through timely provision of technical inputs, effective backstopping, timely and efficient delivery of outputs, and monitoring and evaluation of the project activities.
- Analyse data required for planning and negotiation of project activities, considering different approaches and alternative methods for activity design, management, problem identification and problem resolution.
- Manage project funds, prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts by analysing and monitoring resource requirements and expenditure patterns, and making recommendations to management for remedial action as necessary.
- Identify training needs and organize training workshops and meetings for the target group and the tripartite partners.
- Organize seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings.
- Facilitate research works and studies relevant to public finance management and social protection.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in a social science, economics, public finance management, social protection, development studies.
- 3 year’s of experience in project management and implementation.
- Experience in the area of social protection and inclusion, and public finance management is strongly desirable.
- Familiarity with ILO policies, technical programmes and procedures, including experience working with officials of relevant government ministries, employers and workers organizations would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of social protection and inclusion, and strategies for the extension of social protection to all (including aspects of gender, children and disability).
- Knowledge of trends/landscape of social protection in Sudan.
- Knowledge of social protection financing and public finance management
- Knowledge of programming and budgeting, project formulation, administration and evaluation techniques.
- Ability to effectively implement a Technical Cooperation project.
- Knowledge of the role and operations of UN system activities for development.
- Ability to establish and maintain systems for effective project implementation, reporting and evaluation.
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.