Deadline: 19 February 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition and Food Systems Officer in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition and Food Systems Officer will perform the following functions:
- Research and analyse [agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition and/or gender related] data, statistics and information to provide technical, statistical and/or policy related information and analysis to support the delivery of economic and social development programmes work, products, projects, publications and services.
- Produce a variety of technical reports and input for technical documents, divisional publications and/or web pages.
- Provide technical, statistical, and/or analytical services on various studies, projects, and/or assessments and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Participate in the development of improved/updated technical, statistical and/or analytical tools, methodologies, systems, databases, and/or key social/ economic/ environmental/ nutritional and/or early warning indicators, etc.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams, collaborates with other divisions and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices.
- Collaborate in capacity development activities involving the planning and organizing of training workshops, seminars, and major meetings and the preparation of related information, materials, online tools and information kits.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in agricultural development and/or policy, nutrition, food science or a related field.
- 5 year’s relevant experience in integrating nutrition into agricultural policies and programmes.
- Demonstrate analytical skills and ability to prepare publications, technical reports and other relevant materials.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.