Deadline: 10 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in El Fasher, Sudan.
The Operations Officer will be accountable for management of cost-effective, efficient and secure operations, in support of management, administration and implementation of the country programmes.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Providing the correct and consistent interpretation and application of organizational policies and procedures in the management of finance and administrative functions through the provision of technical expertise and operational support to the country office.
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective and transparent utilization of resources through knowledge and technology transfer between offices and consistency of approaches and applications.
- Contribute to effective management process by providing technical support to corporate committees (including PBR, RMTs, CMT, JCC, CRC, PSB, etc.).
- Ensure the provision of basic offices services including space management, equipment, communications and security to enhance staff safety and productivity.
- Monitor and manage budget process.
- Monitor compliance with all operational systems and procedures and ensure integrity in all financial and other administrative operations of the office.
- Develop training activities to ensure effective operational performance and efficiency.
- Cooperate and coordinate with other UN agency counterparts in the UN reform initiatives (including HACT capacity building of IPs, common services and premises agenda, etc.).
- Establish and maintain all consultative and management committees (e.g. APC, JCP, JCC, CRC, PSB, TRT, PBR and Training).
- Coordinate promptly with the Regional Office, the Head of Office, Programme Officers and other staff in the country office for security-related issues and emergency operations.
- Provide operational support to emergency preparedness and emergencies.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in accounting, business administration, economics or financial management and membership or enrolled for membership of recognized professional accountancy body.
- 1 year of relevant professional work experience.
- National work experience in office management, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply and administration and/or other related fields.
- International work experience is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Nationality of Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.