Deadline: 16 August 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Khartoum, Sudan.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Policy Formulation and Implementation
- Support the drafting of the National School Feeding Policy to serve as a framework for implementation of school feeding programmes nationwide.
- Lead the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidance Manuals for the school feeding programme.
- Provide technical review of the national policy environment relating to school feeding, social protection and safety nets (food), nutrition and education.
- Facilitate and follow up on all communications, events and official letters preparations/issuing related to the current school feeding programme.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Health Sciences, Social Sciences or other fields relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree in the same areas with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Advanced (Master’s) Degree, at least 1 year’s professional experience in humanitarian assistance programmes, food assistance programmes, education programmes, or relevant fields.
- University Degree, a minimum 2 year’s work experience in the same fields is required.
- Previous experience in writing policy and strategy documents and participating in policy level dialogue.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English and Arabic, demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and independently to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to apply programme quality standards to project design and organizational learning.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Nationality of Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.