Deadline: 29 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Khartoum, Sudan.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate with country, area and field offices to manage the implementation of school feeding, including government capacity strengthening, training, and pipeline issues.
- Support the engagement with state governments on the rapid scale up and working with them on implementation capacity.
- Support the development of home-grown school feeding modalities and operationalise their implementation.
Support the revision and development of Standard Operation Procedures and related training materials, guidance and tools for the government and community level school feeding management, particularly for urban contexts.
- Plan and coordinate community mobilization in preparation for addition of new schools.
- Regular visits to field and area offices to provide technical support on roll-out and engagement with partners and state ministries of education and health and community mobilisation.
- Consistent communication with logistics to ensure prioritization of MNP and NFI delivery to scale-up states.
Support and collaborate with the M&E focal point to contribute to a monitoring & evaluation plan for the scale-up, and development of tools, guidelines and training for both rural and urban settings.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- At least 5 year’s experience in strategy development, nutrition and health related programming combined with some experience in school feeding.
- Experience working with government at different levels and in working in challenging rural contexts, and/or working in Sudan and South Sudan would be an asset.
- Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
- Nationality of Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.