Deadline: 28 August 2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Coordinator in Damazine Blue Nile State, Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to strategic advice to UN Women management on peace building, Environment and conflict management issues in Blue Nile State
- Provide strategic analysis on issues relating to peace and development in BN with a view to assessing their impact on UNW programming and enabling the best support to BN state Office to mainstream peace building, environment and conflict management.
- Support the integration of peace building, environment and conflict management into UNW programmes
- Support, through training and knowledge networking, the creation of a critical mass of UNW, UN and partners with the necessary skills in conflict prevention, environment conflict analysis and conflict sensitive programming.
- Support the integration of critical conflict prevention elements within UNW-supported programmes, strategies and other planning processes such as the Juba Peace Agreement.
- Effective management and accountability of the WPS portfolio
- Develop results-oriented work plans, and providing technical assistance to their implementation and reporting .
- Resource Mobilization
- Close consultation with the Country Representative and in liaising with donors, support resource mobilisation through the development of concept notes and project proposals / documents, identifying potential sources of funds.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, conflict resolution and peace building and gender studies.
- At least 5 year’s experience in development work with specific emphasis on women’s equality focusing on women’s peace and security, especially in conflict and post conflict reconstruction, women in peace building.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in development, monitoring the implementation and the evaluation of development projects and resource mobilization.
- Recognize experience in the field of gender and development.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.