Deadline: 25 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of VAM Officer in Khartoum, Sudan.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The VAM Officer will perform the following functions:
- Strengthen WFP and Ministry of Social Welfare (MOSW) knowledge base and the understanding of food security and vulnerability issues at country level contributing to a better preparedness and response capacity to protect the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable communities that are at risk.
- Support the MOSW in establishing a robust national database and information system to inform decision-making in the ministry in its day today activities.
- Liaise between WFP and the MOSW regarding the planning and implementation of the joint nation-wide surveys and assessments.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a food security and vulnerability monitoring system to detect and report changes in the food security and vulnerability situation of populations at risk.
- Assist in analysis and interpretation of food security, vulnerability, and poverty data to serve the MOSW purposes.
- Support the MOSW in the design, planning and implementation of the annual surveys.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public Health/Nutrition, Geography or other related field, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of several statistical tools and methods for food security analysis.
- Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.