Deadline: 2 November 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Innovation Manager in Stockholm, Sweden.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Innovation Manager will perform the following functions:
- Oversight and implementation of governance principles, processes and entities for the innovation function globally.
- Distill best practices for portfolio management and share across UNICEF’s Innovation Hubs, portfolios and offices.
- Oversight and guidance for the UNICEF innovation pipeline across the Innovation Hubs, including developing resources, Standard Operation Procedures and relevant criteria that defines the journey from pilot to acceleration to scale, including stage gates, criteria and processes for exit and entry at multiple points.
- Lead, develop and manage the associated tools and platforms that enable UNICEF’s innovation portfolios, which are realized through their respective Hubs.
- Lead, develop and manage the UNICORN platform, the enterprise open innovation/challenge platform.
- Manage internal UNICEF, cross-portfolio funding allocation processes, including process, drafting communications, monitoring, documentation and learning, and reporting, including reviewing significant investments and set aside allocation exercises.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required Social Science or Humanities, Innovation-related field, International Relations, Business Administration, or another relevant technical field.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience is required at national and international levels in the areas of innovation and/or social and economic development and cooperation.
- Demonstrate expertise in innovation practice, spanning start-up to scaling innovations, especially in the social and/or development sectors.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.