Deadline: 8 November 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Innovation Officer in Stockholm, Sweden.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Innovation Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide research and coordination support for each of the Fund’s call for applications
- Prepare lists of potential eligible start-ups.
- Develop content for social media strategy.
- Coordinate the sourcing strategy of the Innovation Fund to ensure diverse and high-quality pipeline of solutions
- Identify new networks, accelerators thought leaders, and other relevant stakeholders for sourcing and follow-on collaborations.
- Coordinate of the investment assessment process
- Maintain and update systems needed for the application process, including unicefinnovationfund.org website, implement edits to submission forms and proposal templates as needed.
- Conduct research on emerging technology areas and potential investment areas/companies for the Innovation Fund
- Maintain database of start-ups from relevant markets working in frontier technology areas.
- Provide support to the management of external partnerships to leverage funding and other resources to the Innovation Fund.
- Support Innovation Fund team to identify opportunities and needs for partnership engagement.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in finance, economics, entrepreneurship, business administration or other relevant field is required.
- Master’s Degree or higher will be considered as an asset.
- 2 year’s progressively responsible relevant professional experience, some of which should be in an international setting.
- 4 year’s experience in lieu of an advanced Degree.
- Demonstrate experience in collecting and managing data and information collected from various sources.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial ecosystems and networks, especially in UNICEF programme countries required.
- Knowledge of international development, technology for development and key challenges affecting children in developing countries desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.