Deadline: 26 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Stockholm, Sweden.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the development of programme cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government & NGO’s proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conduct programme monitoring in UNICEF focus districts for cash and supplies and informing team-members on the status.
- Help conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Monitoring and tracking the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support the programme section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or University courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 6 year’s administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Depth knowledge of the administration which underpins UNICEF country office programme/project operations, including monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of Swedish is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.