Deadline: 7 December 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Auditor in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Auditor will perform the following functions:
- Plan, conduct and report on comprehensive audits, independently or as a member of a team.
- Work seeks to evaluate the status of the Organization’s governance, risk management and system of internal control to assure reliability of financial and other operating information, compliance with rules and regulations accomplishment of objectives and goals for operations; and the economical and efficient use of resources (Value for Money).
- Assist in the review of audit observations and recommendations made by IOS.
- Monitor and assess adequacy of actions taken to correct reported deficiencies.
- Conduct advisory reviews of selected topics, areas or processes to provide insights to improve operations and/or the effectiveness of the related internal control environment.
- Perform special reviews and other assigned tasks assigned by the Head of Audit and/or Director IOS.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s level or above) in a relevant field and certification in auditing/accounting, such as Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant.
- Education in public health.
- Minimum 7 year’s operational and/or performance audit experience.
- Demonstrate experience at the international level and in complex and challenging operating environments.
- Audit experience with an international public accounting firm.
- Experience in an international organization or UN system entity.
- Experience in Data Analytics.
- Sound technical knowledge and hands on experience of auditing principles and their application, broad knowledge of financial matters.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.