Deadline: 15 June 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Auditor in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Auditor will exercise independent judgment, within applicable audit standards, using professional experience and knowledge, to determine the existence of significant risks to the achievement of the Organization’s objectives.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Auditor will perform the following functions-
- Plan, conduct and report on comprehensive audits, independently or as a member of a team. The work covers matters of broadly defined risk and seeks to evaluate the status of the Organization’s risk management and system of internal control to assure reliability of financial and other operating information, compliance with rules and regulations.
- Accomplishment of objectives and goals for operations and the economical and efficient use of resources.
- Make recommendations for improvement of the same.
- Assist in the review of audit observations and recommendations made by IOS.
- Monitor and assess adequacy of actions taken to correct reported deficiencies.
- Perform special reviews and other tasks assigned by Deputy Director IOS / Director IOS.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in a relevant field and certification in auditing/accounting, such as Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant.
- 7 years of financial and/or operational audit experience.
- Education in public health.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Work experience in developing countries.
- Audit experience with an international public accounting firm.
- IT audit experience.
- Experience in an international organization.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Package.
- Knowledge of Oracle e-Business Suite and TeamMate would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.