Deadline: 2 July 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Communication Specialist will pursue to maximize resources and leverage the influence of the private sector, including business and private foundations.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work with the respective account managers in the Corporate Fundraising Unit and the relevant communication specialist on communication discussions with partners to drive brand alignment, overall strategic approach, key milestones and recognition expectations, marketing plans.
- Capture the key areas of alignment in an overall communication plan and update as necessary.
- Lead on the creation/compilation of key documents for partnership communications including: key messages, core claims and Q&A using existing templates.
- Review communication materials and liaise with Communication & Marketing/Programme Services key focal points and relevant account managers for approval of all assets related to the corporate partnership.
- Support risk mapping and assessment process as to ensure UNICEF’s reputation and core mission for children is protected.
- Capture outcomes within risk documentation using existing templates.
- Capture outcomes from risk assessments into ongoing risk documentation/templates, including updating Q&As and any relevant media related quicklines.
- Support the Corporate Fundraising and Foundations units with guidance and tools in order to deliver on the communications objectives for the partnerships.
- Develop high quality documentation outlining the strategic objectives associated to the partnerships.
- Planning documents with a calendar of activities.
- Compilation of aligned key messages, core claims, Q&As and other relevant communication assets in line with established templates.
- Produce high quality communication materials with emphasis upon simple, effective and engaging communication.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in communication, marketing or related field.
- First level university degree in combination with qualifying additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 5 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in Communication, B2B, PR or marketing.
- Previous experience engaging in public/private partnerships will be an asset, including experience in Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Knowledge of another UN working language is an asset.
- Previous experience with UNICEF is an asset.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is a fundamental requirement.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.