The World Economic Forum is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Economist will provide the Alliance and the broader trade community with evidence-based analysis to direct Alliance efforts where they can have the greatest growth and development impact.
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economist will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate closely with Alliance members on Working Group activities, incorporate their suggestions and feedback, and report back to them.
- Help design and maintain a set of standard methods, metrics and tools for assessing trade facilitation needs and evaluating impact of the Alliance’s activities in recipient countries.
- Work closely with the governments of recipient countries and relevant agencies to obtain timely and accurate data and information.
- Collaborate with the Alliance’s member companies on designing and collecting new firm-level and transaction-level indicators to complement traditional indicators and refine assessment.
- Conduct interviews with relevant stakeholders in recipient countries as part of the qualitative assessment.
- Take a lead role in producing needs assessment reports and evaluation reports.
- Develop and maintain a system for storing the data and information collected.
- Contribute to The Global Enabling Trade Report series, the Alliance’s flagship publication.
- Deliver quantitative and qualitative analysis for other Alliance publications.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in economics or development, preferably with a focus on international trade.
- 3-5 years of experience conducting trade-related research and/or trade-related operational work.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and capacity to interact with high-level audiences.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit World Economic Forum.