Deadline: 4 December 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Global Programme Advisor in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Global Programme Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Advice and implementation of TFM global activities
- Advise TFM Executive Officer on UNOPS and EIF policies and procedures in particular in addressing complex countries situations and sensitive matters in the TFM operations.
- Lead and Coordinate the EIF program fiduciary tools development and implementation, as requested by Executive Officer, with the support of all TFM team as well as, when required, with relevant UNOPS Geneva colleagues and in line with EIF Compendium and UNOPS rules and regulations.
- Coordinate with UNOPS IPAS Legal drafting of legal agreements with EIF Main Implementing Entities (MIEs), EIF partner agencies, LDCs and Donors, based on the approved EIF/TFM templates, and as necessary, ensure the development of new templates with the support of the Legal Practice Group.
- Programme management and supervision
- Oversee the coordination with the Executive Secretariat on the development of the EIF projects pipeline, in cooperation with the RPMs and TFM Geneva based staff.
- Assess the main implementing entities (implementation, financial management, procurement, monitoring and supervision capacities) relevant to the portfolio under his/her management and review other portfolios capacity assessment reports when requested by the Executive Officer.
- Oversee the preparations for TFM project appraisals through TFM Project Review Committee (PRC) and update the relevant tools for it. Inclusion of approved proposals by the EIF Board to the UNOPS system.
- Review project proposals submitted by RPMs, as part of the TFM PRC and review recommendations for submission to the Executive Officer.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Lead the preparation of TFM contributions to EIF annual reports, coordinating inputs from TFM colleagues and drafting relevant sections as agreed with the Executive Secretariat.
- Manage and monitor the risks related to TFM operations and interventions in line with the TFM risk management framework, the risk log and risk matrix.
- Ensure adherence of RPMs to implementation of risk mitigations at the EIF Programme and at the portfolio levels.
- Coordinate the contributions to EIF TFM annual workplan and budget as well as the other documents required for the EIF Board meetings (twice a year) under the guidance of TFM Executive Officer.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (master’s or equivalent), international relations, international development, in management or other related field is required.
- 10 year’s of progressively responsible professional experience in international development or with national government’s institutions is required.
- Experience in supervision and monitoring & evaluation preferably within the UN system, is desirable.
- 3 year’s of experience in programme management, particularly project supervision and fiduciary oversight within the UN system or a national/international institutions is required.
- Experience as manager or advisor is desirable.
- Experience in managing relationships with partners and national governments’ counterparts is required.
- Proficiency required in English and French.
- Working knowledge of any UN language and Portuguese is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.