Deadline: 22 May 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Economist in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health Economist will perform the following functions:
- Regular update the Financial Protection database and conduct analyses of financial protection data with responsibility for updating estimates in certain countries and with development of related analyses.
- Contribute to biannual global report on progress towards UHC.
- Prepare and analyze data sets and contributing to background papers, technical briefs, and other relevant publications on financial protection indicators and related key indicators.
- Provide technical assistance to countries and regions in the measurement and evaluation of financial protection. Undertake other work of the unit as may be requested by the Unit Head.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Health Financing, Economics or Statistics.
- University Degree (Master’s level or above) in Health Financing, Economics or Statistics.
- At least 5 year’s experience in applied quantitative work relating to health systems and financing with a focus on measurement and evaluation of financial protection at national and international levels.
- Relevant work experience working with other UN and related Organizations, particularly the international financial institutions.
- Knowledge and expertise in health financing issues, particularly as they link to measures of financial protection.
- Proficiency in STATA and in database management of micro datasets.
- Draft related materials and papers.
- Knowledge of principles of project management and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively within a team and ability to adapt to multinational environment.
- Expert knowledge of English and intermediate in French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.