Deadline: 23 November 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Advisor in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Nutrition Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Strategic country support and capacity building
- Support the Country Action Team in quality and effectiveness of coordination in response to nutrition issues raised by SUN stakeholders at country and regional levels including, governments, UN agencies and others.
- Strategic nutrition action
- Identify, monitor and analyse trends in nutrition and emerging issues with respect to key principles and core themes of the SUN Movement.
- Alliance building, networking, policy and strategy guidance, and advocacy
- Collaboration with key stakeholders across the Movement and Secretariat, contribute to the development and implementation of nutrition-related policy engagement.
- Support to the Coordinator
- Develop and maintain relations with government officials, donors, missions and other SUN stakeholders at the working level to understand issues and policies of mutual concern.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in nutrition or other relevant field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a combination of 2 additional year’s relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s professional experience in nutrition, public health, related research or planning or management in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child nutrition at the international level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Experience in health/nutrition/food security programme/project development and management in an international organisation is preferred.
- Experience in nutrition and/or food security policy analysis and engagement is preferred.
- Proven track record of producing high quality written reports and other materials pertaining to nutrition-related activities is required.
- Fluency in English Language ( Writing, Reading and Speaking) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language, particularly French is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.