Deadline: 10 August 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operational Senior Manager in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operational Senior Manager will perform the following functions:
- Operation and advisory
- Support the Deputy Executive Director with the development and implementation of the SHF’s work plan, assessing and managing risk.
- Programme management
- Cooperation with the Deputy Executive Director, contribute to the design of work plans, budgets and forecasting/revisions, and against SHF key performance indicators establish and consolidate measurable long/short term targets and monitor progress to measure progress and provide quality oversight.
- Procurement of services and award of grants
- Oversee and supervise the SHF procurement processes, including tendering processes and evaluation and supplier selection, to ensure viable procurement solutions that are cost-effective and meet operational needs.
- Innovation and knowledge management
- Contribute to the development and introduction of innovation to ensure the SHF is continually incorporating best practice approaches in operations and support services.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in a relevant field such as finance, business, public administration or other relevant related field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a combination of two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s progressively responsible experience covering at least two of the following operations functions Procurement, Finance, Logistics/ Asset Management and Human Resources.
- Knowledge of the other functions is desirable.
- Minimum 3 year’s leadership experience, including a proven track record managing staff and operational systems is required.
- Experience dealing with UN regulations, rules and policies in the areas of contracting, procurement and human resources is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language, particularly French, is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.