Deadline: 10 February 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Partnerships Senior Advisor in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Partnerships Senior Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Lead and expand the development of UNOPS partnerships with the Geneva’s health and humanitarian clusters, positioning UNOPS to offer support that enables key partners to deliver on their mandates.
- Meet and build working relationships with key staff working with our Switzerland- based-partners.
- In particular, maintain and develop a large network amongst relevant WHO, the Global Fund,Gavi and UNHCR personnel and within the Swiss Government.
- Provide advice and assistance to the Regional Directors, Country Directors and Heads of Programme in regard to partnering with Geneva based partners, including through field support missions, and provide continuous analysis and guidance on funding trends and opportunities.
- Spearhead the sharing of knowledge related to Geneva based partners across the organization, including identification and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned, with a view of continuous improvement of our partner engagement in the field.
- Facilitate the negotiation of new Framework Agreements, and/or MOUs with Geneva based-partners and maintain existing ones.
- Coach UNOPS offices globally on appropriate engagement modalities, including through targeted training.
- Facilitate high-level meetings between UNOPS senior management and Geneva based partners, including during key events such as relevant conferences and other forums.
- Provide quality assurance of UNOPS portfolio with Geneva based partners with a view to ensure that projects are delivered effectively and efficiently.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s or equivalent), preferably in political science, international relations, social affairs, law or other related field is required.
- 10 year’s of International development experience with a focus on client relationships, is required.
- Within these 10 year’s, at least 2 year’s progressiv responsibility for partnerships development is required.
- Within these 10 year’s, a minimum of 4 year’s of experience working with a network of development partners, governing bodies, and donors, is required.
- Experience working in the health sector (either public or private) and an established network in Geneva would be a strong asset.
- Experience with the UN is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English/ is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.