Deadline: 23 September 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Policy Specialist in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Policy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support with their strategies and priorities;
- Support (further) development of a stakeholder platform that is aligned and focused on implementation of scalable and replicable results;
- Support with the Identification and encouragement of opportunities for government and other actors to accelerate impact in-country;
- Support peer-to-peer learning between SUN Countries
- Assist with the facilitation of virtual exchanges or meetings among groups of SUN Countries facing similar nutritional challenges, among those in comparable contexts, or neighbors in Regional Economic Communities;
- In response to SUN Countries’ requests, broker access to effective and predictable support from within the Movement, and maintain up-to-date records of country needs and priorities;
- Identify and highlight common, or recurring capacity gaps and support to overcome them and prevent new gaps.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Political Science, Social Sciences, Development, International relations or related fields.
- A Bachelor degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be acceptable in lieu of the advanced degree.
- At least 5 years (7 years with bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible professional experience in an international working environment, is required.
- At least 3 years of field experience in multi-sector programmes and policies, in food and nutrition security, food systems, trade, responsible business, gender equity or local government is desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.