Deadline: 23 November 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Political Affairs Advisor in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Political Affairs Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Political analysis
- Identify, analyse and monitor political developments and emerging issues with respect to key principles and core themes of the SUN Movement.
- Alliance building, networking and advocacy
- Develop and maintain relations with government officials, donors, missions and other political stakeholders at the working level to understand issues and policies of mutual concern.
- Support to the Coordinator
- Provide strategic advice to the Coordinator and Secretariat on leverage political support to more effectively meet SUN country priorities.
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Drive knowledge sharing and strategic communication across the organisation and beyond, ensuring collaboration and continuous feedback as appropriate.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in public administration, economics, law, political sciences, social sciences or related field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a combination of 2 additional year’s relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s progressively responsible professional experience is required, in the areas of international relations and development, law, diplomacy or other related field is required.
- Experience in political outreach, analysis, advice and reporting is required.
- Experience at the international level in multi-stakeholder and/or multilateral environments on food security, or nutrition or sustainable agricultural issues is desirable.
- Experience of working with bilateral and multilateral development agencies, including an aptitude for, and knowledge of, current issues in nutrition and development is desirable.
- Fluency in English Language ( Writing, Reading and Speaking) is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language, particularly French is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.