Deadline: 12 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Portfolio Analyst in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for day to day implementation of environment portfolio of UNOPS Geneva office, supervises and leads programme support staff, coordinates activities of the projects’ staff.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Portfolio Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Design and formulation of the work-plan for portfolio management, setting goals, targets and performance standards for the portfolio under his/her responsibility.
- In-depth review the operational aspects of the proposed projects, taking independent and timely operational decisions to meet objectives.
- Initiation of a project, entering project into OneUNOPS, support in finalization of funding agreement.
- Thorough research and analysis of economic, political, social and other relevant reports to assess potential business opportunities and submit analytical reports on outcome and proposals for action.
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues.
- Contribution to organization and client capacity-building of high performance delivery through coaching and mentoring of internal clients and partners.
- Participation in the organization and conduct of training for the operations/ projects personnel.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Active interaction with clients to solicit feedback and gauge client satisfaction.
- Interaction with internal clients and regional portfolio managers to integrate and harmonize approaches.
- Demonstration of professional and personal ethics, transparency and openness to encourage respect and similar behavior from colleagues.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Environment, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- First-level university degree in combination with required qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner certifications desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of post-master’s degree or 4 years post-bachelor’s degree of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing project management and transactional services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office 2010 and/or newer versions, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Working knowledge of French is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.